Top 5 Recycling Tips
Recycling is a practice which began nearly four decades ago when a paper company originating in the US wanted to communicate its recycled content to customers with a symbol. The idea of recycling to many people brings about images of different coloured bins and separating different product materials however, unbeknown to many, there is much more to the practice of recycling. Here are 5 quick recycling tips in order to help you keep your house tidy and the environment healthy…
- Remember the 3 R’s – reduce, reuse, recycle. Many people only use the last part however reducing what we throw out is the first step to limiting waste and reusing something instead of replacing it is the next.
- It is important to know what you can and cannot recycle. Do not send anything which cannot be processed and do not throw recyclable materials in the waste.
- Try something new and recycle your water by rearranging your plumbing. This is done so that rainwater or waste from the shower can be used to flush the toilet. Only do this if you are a home owner and not a renter.
- Buy recycled items helps keep the process of recycling an ongoing movement. The whole point of the practice is to keep material moving, eliminate waste and therefore reduce the need to create more materials.
- Electronic items are becoming more and more recyclable, especially in urban areas. Batteries can be recycled and many companies will take apart broken computer software and recycle it for use in new material. Experiment with new recyclable materials.
Recycling is an important practice that we all need to begin taking part in. Did you know that Germany refuses to take the waste of those who do not separate out their rubbish into recyclable material? Maybe we should take a leaf out of their book! What do you think? Let us know your recycling habits!